View single post by David White
 Posted: Fri Mar 30th, 2007 09:08 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
David White

Mana: 

Javal:

I agree 100% with what you say and do with regards to giving and the whole Mansfield episode opened my eyes and changed my philosophy as you can see, away from the bigger orgnaizaiton to the smaller ones.  Even the Friends of Mansfield are behaving too passive for my taste, maybe its my aggressive nature and lack of putting up with BS, I don't know.  Still giving to them makes me feel I get more bank for the buck.  No big staff at the FoMB just Gary Joiner and his wife.  My previous post sort of touches on what you were asking about, I think the only thing I would emphasize more if I got on my soapbox would be the significance of the oil industry that developed out of the influx of people to Texas and of course that has had an obvious impact on the world we live in as we are still wed to the oil industry started in Texas and it makes our lives happy (automobiles and freedom) and miserable at the same time (pollution, Middle East, captured British sailors/marines, etc, etc.).  I feel like I am developing a script for that British series Connections ( The first incarnation of course, it was better and less of a stretch than the second incarnation ;-)).

Close Window