View single post by indy19th
 Posted: Fri Apr 6th, 2007 06:08 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
indy19th
$user_title

Mana: 

ole wrote: What can the CWPT do if this is the attitude of a lot of people?

We should first admit that us CW freaks are in the minority, and most citizens don't understand our fixation with walking the ground, analyzing battles and attempting to sense the history. And then we might ask ourselves if the economic viability of Murfreesboro is better served by battlefield preservation or commercial sprawl?

This is what the City Administrators face. They were elected, presumably, to keep the city competitive and growing (what doesn't grow, dies). Seems they'd need to be  convinced that battlefield preservation would be a wise investment in the city's future. Would it be?

Ole

I'd agree with that. I'm sure that a bit of self analysis would determine, without doubt and as I've mentioned elsewhere, that I think that I know what's best for everyone. If that's a character flaw, I'd say it's gotten worse, not better.

One "exception" though, is that people come and go. The battlefield, if it's preserved, stays there forever. People relocate like never before. A lot, more or less, are just there for a blink in time. I'd hate to think that a handful of board members come in, do their damage, and then move on to somewhere else.  Same thing with developers.

All that being said, I'm not going to stop making donations to preservation organizations. ;)

Last edited on Fri Apr 6th, 2007 06:30 pm by

Close Window