View single post by PvtClewell
 Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2007 12:44 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
PvtClewell

Mana: 

Ha. That's pretty good, David.

To tell you the truth, I've been a little conflicted about the 11th Corps. They didn't exactly travel down Glory Road, you know?. Last year, while at the Civil War Institute in Gettysburg, during a free afternoon, my three roomates and I hired a Licensed Battlefield Guide and spent two hours on Cemetery Hill. I told him about my ancestors and asked him if I should maintain a low profile on this. On the contrary, he said, those boys saw the elephant. They were volunteers, after all, fighting for what they believed. I guess I knew that, just needed somebody with a LBG patch and a notebook to tell me that.

A few years ago, one of my CWI roomates, who is from Chicago, showed up at the CWI with a homemade T-shirt. On the back was a photo of himself standing in front of the equestrian statue of Franz Siegel, which I think is in Cincinnati. On the front of the shirt he had written 'Stonewall who?' and on the back, under the picture, he had 'I fights mit Siegel.' He actually wore it to a couple of seminars. I tell you, he had more XY chromosomes than I gave him credit for.

Close Window