Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > About this Forum - Start Here > Introductions > Started with the American Heritage Book on the Civil War

Started with the American Heritage Book on the Civil War - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 11th, 2008 05:55 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
ashbel

Mana: 

I purchased five or six of the Landmark books at a garage sale about 15 years ago (my mom gave my collection away about the same time she gave away my baseball cards).  My thought was that my children would devour them as I had.  Two of the three never read them.  One son read all of them.  Although he is not a Civil War buff, he does love history and was a history major in college.  Great books.

Posted: Mon Feb 11th, 2008 06:19 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

I have found a couple of Landmark books at used bookstores and purchased them.  I loved reading history as a child, majored in history in college and have been reading it ever since.  Only got interested in the Civil War about four years ago. 

I also have a fifth grade reader that I read as a student.  In it there is a story of Cyrus McCormick and his reaper.  On my trip to the Shenadoah Valley and a stay in Stauton to visit the Shakespeare festival there and make a trip up to New Market to visit the Field of Lost Shoes , I discovered Cyrus McCormicks Farm a mile or so outside Stauton.  I was the only one there, you should have heard me babbling at seeing a replica of the reaper.   Besides the battlefields it was the highlight of my trip.

Susan

Current time is 01:46 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > About this Forum - Start Here > Introductions > Started with the American Heritage Book on the Civil War

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3144 seconds (17% database + 83% PHP). 26 queries executed.