Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Thomas Jackson photograph - Thomas Stonewall Jackson - The Participants of the War - Mikitary & Civilian - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Apr 28th, 2008 06:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
David White

Mana: 

He is certainly not wearing a blouse of a field officer or higher so I doubt it is him.

Posted: Mon Apr 28th, 2008 06:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
connyankee

Mana: 

Glad that someone found the photo in question because I do a lot of reading on Jackson and this one had me scratchin' my head.  At first, I thought from the description that it might have been the scene where the weary man was overseeing his troops & artillery make their way up some mountain en route to 1st Bull Run (that was one of the scenes played out in the G & G movie also).  Upon further recollection however,  I think that particular scene was a sketch that someone had made.  I also looked at Virginia Tech and VMI sites and couldn't find the picture.

At any rate, I tend to agree with those of you who shed some doubt on whether the man in the photograph is indeed Jackson.  Although I quit scratchin' my head over it,  I'm still curious as to who is in the picture.  I will try to look it up on  the L of C and Smithsonian collection - some of these pictures are captioned, and some are not.  Thanks.

connyankee

Last edited on Mon Apr 28th, 2008 06:59 pm by connyankee

Posted: Tue Apr 29th, 2008 01:43 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

i know thats only a side view but that really doesnt look like Jackson. was Jackson really that social with his soldiers? i dont think he was but others might have different thoughts on him.

Posted: Mon Oct 29th, 2012 07:14 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
Darryl

Mana: 

Ole, Jackson could have a casual conversation with someone. In fact the only person they know of during the war who could get him to smile was JEB Stuart. He and Jackson were close friends and were seen many times "Chewin' the fat" together.

Last edited on Mon Oct 29th, 2012 07:15 pm by Darryl

Current time is 04:54 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2783 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 26 queries executed.