Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Hello. - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 18th, 2008 10:10 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
gettysburgerrn

Mana: 

welcome blu..

ken

Posted: Thu Sep 18th, 2008 11:00 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
Old Blu

Mana: 

Good to be here. Thanks.

Posted: Thu Sep 18th, 2008 11:19 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

Dixie Girl wrote: lucky for me i live near what we call Mayberry, which is technically called Mount Pilot (or Pilot Mount, if you say it like its put on a map) i could attend the B. Fife school if i wanted too ;)seriously? that's too funny!

Posted: Fri Sep 19th, 2008 01:12 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

yeah seriously. im constantly in the town hanging out. there's Opie's Candy Store (my favorite store in town) it has all sorts of old candies, like Zots, Horehound candies, black licorice drops, jawbreakers so big that you can hardly fit em in your mouth, homemade ice cream, and so much more that you can barely walk for all the baskets and shelves.
there's several museums with memorabilia from the show, including the original outfits from the show. there are tons of different shops, and there's the Jail, and the Bluebird Diner and Snappy's Lunch (both of which i highly recommend, if your ever at either one get the pork chop sandwich) there's the Filling station and you can go to the house where Andy Griffith grew up in (you can stay in it also) you can ride in Andy's Sheriff car and do tons of other stuff up there. there are great music stores up there and a lot of musical events held there. i highly recommend it for a vacation, i also wanna say that its better enjoyed if you walk the town instead of drive it. the town is so small that there's honestly no need to drive, just walk down the sidewalk and smile and wave at everybody that passes (cause that's what we do here) and have fun.

here's a link that will tell you a good amount about Mayberry. it tells about up and coming events (Mayberry Days is the best) and you can see pictures from last years events. http://www.visitmayberry.com/

Posted: Sat Sep 20th, 2008 12:27 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

I had no idea this place existed...next time I'm in NC I'm hitting Opie's!

Posted: Sat Sep 20th, 2008 02:01 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Opie's is like a little piece of heaven on earth, i love that place, its my favorite store to visit when im in town.

did you know that the buildings that didn't get burned in the burning of Atlanta scene in Gone With The Wind were used in the Andy Griffith Show.

Posted: Tue Sep 23rd, 2008 10:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

no way! Now I've got this picture of Aunt Bee doing a Scarlett O'Hara imitation stuck in my head....:D

Posted: Tue Sep 23rd, 2008 11:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
28th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Captain Crow wrote: no way! Now I've got this picture of Aunt Bee doing a Scarlett O'Hara imitation stuck in my head....:D
now thats scary!!! can you imagine Aunt Bee in a corset and hoop skirt trying to get Ashley Wilkes to fall for her??? :D

Posted: Wed Sep 24th, 2008 12:46 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
29th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Knocking boots? Maybe I'm too long of tooth to understand.

Doc C

Posted: Thu Sep 25th, 2008 12:21 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

Dixie Girl wrote: Captain Crow wrote: no way! Now I've got this picture of Aunt Bee doing a Scarlett O'Hara imitation stuck in my head....:D
now thats scary!!! can you imagine Aunt Bee in a corset and hoop skirt trying to get Ashley Wilkes to fall for her??? :D
"Ashley, Opie, Andy? suppers ready!"

You have chosen to ignore Southern Son. click Here to view this post

Current time is 06:14 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3857 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 31 queries executed.