Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Howdy From Texas - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Mar 26th, 2006 04:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
JeremyScott

Mana: 

Howdy Y'all

Im Jeremy and Im 25yrs old and recently delved into the 2nd War For Independance. Im a security guard at a chemical plant here in Houston, so please excuse me if I post at odd hours of the day as my schedule often changes with out notice.

My interest in dealing with the 'Civil War' is Texas's involvement. Im 8th generation Texan and I know I have two ancestors that fought in 2 different Texas Cavarly Regiments. They were both engaged in the 1864 Red River Campaign.

Also please excuse me if I post what maybe "noob" type questions as I do not know a whole lot about the civilwar. That  is why I am here. But I will do my best as not to ask the typical questions like why did the South loose or why was slavery bad type questions. Im more interested in the battles and campaigns aspects. As well as weapons. Im a huge weapons nut.

Sorry for my long introduction. I hope to learn a lot from this board and have fun here as well.

Best Regards

Jeremy

Posted: Mon Mar 27th, 2006 01:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Bill

Mana: 

Jeremy

Welcome

Hurry back there y'all

Bill Wyndham

Posted: Mon Mar 27th, 2006 02:30 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Welcome to the board Jeremy. Don't give being a "noob" a second thought. We're glad to have you and hope you enjoy the board.

BTW, you can quickly see other members from Texas (or any other state) by clicking the "Members" button on the top right of each page, then clicking the state names under the members locations. A graphical map will come up with a list of other members from whatever state you chose. Of course, if they didn't list their state when filling out their profile, they won't be listed. Enjoy!

Posted: Mon Mar 27th, 2006 03:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
David White

Mana: 

Howdy Jeremy:

Perhaps our ancestors rode together in the Texas Cav, I have one ancestor who fought in the Red River Campaign and one who rode with Sul Ross in Georgia and Tennessee.

I saw where you posted on another thread looking for a Red River Campaign book.  The one you were given by Basecat is pretty good and the most recent.  Dr. Joiner is a good guy and I actually wrote a review of the book for this website that Javal might still have on the site somewhere.  If you want to drill down to your relatives, however, give me their outfit and I might have some recommendations for you.

Good to have another Texan on board!

Posted: Mon Mar 27th, 2006 03:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Here ya go.... David's Review

Posted: Tue Mar 28th, 2006 06:56 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Kent Nielsen

Mana: 

Howdy and Welcome:)

Posted: Tue Mar 28th, 2006 03:30 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
samhood

Mana: 

Jeremy:

Greetings.  I like your picture!  The Gallant Hood.  Assuming you are a Gen Hood fan, check out http://www.johnbellhood.org.

Regards, 

Sam Hood, Huntington WV

Posted: Fri Mar 31st, 2006 03:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
GenHood

Mana: 

Welcome Jeremy, great choice of avatars!  As Sam stated, I also encourage you to visit the John Bell Hood website, where you'll get a fair and honest assessment of the General. 

Current time is 04:55 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3678 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 26 queries executed.