Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

An Evening With Ed Bearss - Civil War Preservation - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 13th, 2010 06:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
alicia

Mana: 

This sounds like a great event and for such a worthy cause!

Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania

November 5th, 2010

Blue Ridge Summit Fire Department

Tickets before the October 25th deadline $35.00; $45.00 at the door

“An Evening with Ed Bearss,” register now to participate in this historic event!

The Battle of Monterey Pass Committee presents “An Evening with Ed Bearss” a battlefield preservation symposium. Ed Bearss will be the featured keynote speaker, discussing the Retreat from Gettysburg. Mr. Bearss is the Chief Historian Emeritus for the National Park Service, has been featured in many documentaries, and is the author of more than twenty books. The event will be held on November 5th at the Blue Ridge Summit Fire Hall, from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm. Light refreshments will be served. All proceeds from the event will go directly to Washington Township for the purchase of battlefield land at Monterey Pass. This event is sponsored by Washington Township, Franklin County Visitors Bureau, The Chambersburg Civil War Seminars and the Monterey Pass Battlefield Association. 

Other guest speakers include Ted Alexander, Chief Historian at Antietam National Battlefield who will be discussing Franklin County during the Pennsylvania Campaign and John Miller, Historian and Interpreter at South Mountain State Battlefield and the Monterey Pass Battlefield Association who will be discussing the Battle of Monterey Pass. For more information and to download a registration form, please go to the Monterey Pass Battlefield Association’s web site http://www.emmitsburg.net/montereypass.

Support your local battlefield and register now to share an evening with Ed Bearss, the nations leading Civil War Historian.

Posted: Tue Sep 14th, 2010 10:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

that would be a nice event...shame I already took my vacation.

Posted: Wed Sep 15th, 2010 01:53 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

I would love to see that but won't be able to. Ed Bearss is so interesting. And the cause is a worthwhile one. I was a kid in the Chambersburg area. That is such a pretty time of year in that area. I hope lots of people will turn out to hear the talk and that they will be generous with their donations, although times are hard.

Posted: Wed Sep 15th, 2010 12:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
alicia

Mana: 

Mr. Bearss is a wealth of knowledge. We have had the priveledge of working with him recently to promote our preservation efforts and get his advise on the steps we need to take to preserve the Battle of Monterey Pass. To have him as our keynote speaker and to have his support in our preservation efforts is a great honor. It is our hope that with this event and by CWPT naming Monterey Pass to it's "At Risk Sights" list this year, that this will generate the support we need to save this battlefield.  I hope to see as many of you there as possible!

Posted: Fri Sep 17th, 2010 11:00 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

Best of luck!

You have chosen to ignore kathleenp980. click Here to view this post

Current time is 04:55 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3356 seconds (21% database + 79% PHP). 28 queries executed.