Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Attention Veterans! - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 08:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

I know we have a lot of vets on the board, so I wanted to pass this along:

As a special thank you to members of our armed forces, more than 500 bed and breakfasts in the U.S. and Canada are offering free rooms to veterans on Nov. 10, the night before Veterans Day.

The full list of participating B&Bs is available here. If you're a vet and want to take advantage of the offer, you'll probably need to book soon as the gratis rooms seem to be filling up quickly.

Writes USA Today:
Since most B&Bs are small, "we only ask inns to give one room," Panek says, and about 25%-30% of participating establishments - including all those in Georgia, Missouri, Washington and several other states - are already full. But, she adds, "we're getting new places signing up every day."

Posted: Fri Oct 8th, 2010 11:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

I heard about this on the news a week or so ago, and it seems like an unexpected but neat thing. I'm not a vet, but I think this is a great idea, and a small measure of thanks for those who have served our country.

Posted: Sat Oct 9th, 2010 09:49 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Mark

Mana: 

javal, thanks for the heads up! Sadly I won't be able to partake, however I've passed the info along to the folks in my unit and I know some of them are looking forward to it.

Mark

Current time is 11:42 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3015 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 26 queries executed.