Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > Civil War Preservation > battles of Wauhatchie and Brown Ferry, Tennessee

battles of Wauhatchie and Brown Ferry, Tennessee - Civil War Preservation - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 23rd, 2011 09:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Norman Dasinger

Mana: 

Anyone visited the Wauhatchie battlefield near Chattanooga lately?  The business that sits on the knoll where the 'heart' of the battle was fought is for sale.

In addition, the property on which Brown's Ferry on the Tennessee River is located is still in fair condition.  I wish it was  not in private hands so it could be visited and interpreted.

These two CW sites are key military locations, in my opinion. There importance to the War in the West is under appreciated.

Posted: Thu Jun 2nd, 2011 03:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
dawgnutt2

Mana: 

The property that Browns Ferry was at is not totally unacessable. My family has owned this property for several generations. We would not object to responsible civil war scholars having access to the property. However, for years we have had to discourage relic hunters from sneaking onto the property. Anyone that has an interest need only contact me by email here.  No one will be granted access without a family member present.

Sherry Chesnutt

Posted: Thu Jun 2nd, 2011 04:49 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Norman Dasinger

Mana: 

I led tours once per year in Chattanooga and would really like to take my group down to the river at Brown's Ferry. Can I get your email address so we can communicate?
ndasingerjr@yahoo.com

Current time is 05:53 pm
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > Civil War Preservation > battles of Wauhatchie and Brown Ferry, Tennessee

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3130 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 26 queries executed.