Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

New member - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2011 04:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
General Sherman

Mana: 

Hallò to everybody,
I'm a new member from Verona, Italy. I' sorry for my English.

This forum I have enrolled to for to learn a historical matter that has always impassioned me since child. Unfortunately in Italy this important historical phase is not very known, and also in school is marginally treated. 
I have deepened my knowledges through historian Italian's reading, the Prof. Raimondo Luraghi, which he has written a fundamental work in Italy for the one who wants to understand and to know more to fund this matter (History of the American Civil War". 

I thank you for the possibility to know your points of view to be able to understand better. 

Hi 
Luca

Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2011 07:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
j harold 587

Mana: 

Welcome aboard Sherman. Some here may not appreciate your choice of name, You will find a group of helpfull folks who sometimes must agree to disagree

J H Harker Chaplain 4th OVI

Posted: Thu Dec 1st, 2011 04:35 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

It'd be a little boring if we all agreed all the time. I mean part of the fun of the forums is that we don't always agree, it can help to stimulate conversation. Though at the same time it can also be problematic as the arguments can at times get a little too heated for our own good.

But as j harold said, there are plenty of helpful folks here.

Posted: Thu Dec 1st, 2011 08:02 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
General Sherman

Mana: 

Thanks for the reception.  
I become me account that a figure as Sherman has left the sign especially in the states of the south.  
But I think that can be held, from a military point of view, the first modern general, which  followed great general as Patton and Guderian.  
Also in Italy Sherman is not seen well. There are many confederates in Italy (sic). 

ciao

Luca

Posted: Thu Dec 1st, 2011 02:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Old North State

Mana: 

Sherman was one of the Civil War's most interesting and complex characters.  Certainly he played a major role in the drama. Also he was outspoken about his views, giving us much to analyze about those views and his psyche.  As a military leader he seemed to excel in strategy, but often failed in his tactics.  What's not to enjoy about discussing such a character?

Current time is 11:27 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1497 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 25 queries executed.