Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Roanoke Island Symposium - Civil War News/ Press Releases - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jan 9th, 2012 08:35 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Zouavennc

Mana: 

How much do you know about the first major Union victory of the Civil War? On February 11, 2012 the National Park Service at Fort Raleigh National Historic Site will observe the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Roanoke Island. This commemorative event will take place at the Fort Raleigh Visitor Center from 9a.m. to 5 p.m. and will include displays on the Civil War on Roanoke Island from various museum and historical societies, local collectors as well a presentation of artifacts found on the Fort Raleigh NHS site relating to the island’s occupation by both sides. A video presentation of Ken Burns’ “The Civil War” documentary covering the war up to the Battle of Roanoke Island will be shown in the Visitor Center’s newly renovated auditorium. In the morning a driving tour of the battlefield sites will be given by a trained guide and in the afternoon authors will present topics relating to the battle and its importance. There is free admission.
Michael Zatarga

Posted: Tue Jan 10th, 2012 06:04 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

I wish I had the money to make the trip (heck, I wish I had the money to make the trip this summer and go see The Lost Colony for the first time in twenty-eight years) as that's one of the more fasinating of the lesser known battles to me.

Posted: Thu Jan 31st, 2013 06:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Did anyone attend this symposium? If so, can you tell us about it?

Current time is 07:53 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1346 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 25 queries executed.