Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

150th Anniversary of Picacho Pass - Civil War Preservation - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 15th, 2012 01:18 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
sgtredleg
Life NRA, CW Trust, VFW member

Mana: 

(This a repost that I submitted on another forum as well)

Good Morning respected forum members!

I'm just dropping off a note to remind everyone that today, April 15th, is the 150th Anniversary of our little battle at Picacho Pass.
It was a small affair in the overall flow of the American Civil War, but it had significant ramifications concerning the expansion of the Confederacy into the Southwest and California. It also determined the current boundry line between Arizona and New Mexico.
While the truly large battle of Shiloh was raging in the east, the Clash at Picacho Pass was helping determine the future of the American Southwest.
So while the the major Civil War events were taking place back East, don't forget that soldiers with dreams and aspirations were sacrificing and shedding blood "out west" for what they believed in as well.
Today, I am going to do some trimming, raking and general clean-up of our little memorial here in the park commemorating the Picacho Pass engagement. I do hope that someone remembers this anniversary and drops by for a little interpretaion. It does me well to speak with people (especially the young and military) about the events of the Southwestern Campaign of 1861-1862!
Good Day to all!

Current time is 09:29 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3641 seconds (32% database + 68% PHP). 26 queries executed.