Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

New person here - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2012 05:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
jbrown92

Mana: 

Hi all,

Just thought I'd stop by for a quick introduction of myself.

I'm a 20-year-old history buff who has found a newly ignited interest in Civil War history, including the Antebellum and Reconstruction eras. I suppose I've always had a unique draw to the Civil War, but it's really become more of a passion for me after recently reading Bruce Catton's "The Coming Fury" (I'm currently on the second book of his trilogy, "Terrible Swift Sword").

The political and social aspects of the war and the periods beyond are of particular interest to me, but unfortunately I don't know too many people outside my family who are as interested as I am. So, I thought I'd join the community and learn from others, maybe even contribute if I feel confident enough. I'm not an academic, but I hope to someday go further in my studies and become a writer, perhaps even specializing in Civil War history.

Cheers,
J.B. (jbrown92)

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2012 11:24 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Mark

Mana: 

Welcome to the forum! I got my start in the Civil War reading Catton's Army of the Potomac trilogy. Hope you chime in soon!

Mark

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2012 11:51 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
BHR62

Mana: 

Welcome to the board!

I got hooked on the Civil War when I was a little kid. My oldest brother taught me to read with a book called, "The Golden Book of the Civil War." Bruce Catton did the Forward in it. I probably read that book about 25 times growing up. Currently reading Robertson's book on AP Hill. Its a pretty good book and I had an ancestor in Hill's division which makes it even more interesting.

Posted: Mon Oct 1st, 2012 10:00 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Howdy!!

Current time is 10:55 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2971 seconds (19% database + 81% PHP). 26 queries executed.