Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Lincoln's 1863 letter to Pope Pius in Vatican Library - Abraham Lincoln - The Participants of the War - Mikitary & Civilian - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 19th, 2013 02:28 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Brad Watson, Miami
imitating Lincoln all my life

Mana: 

I'm currently watching Secret Access: The Vatican on History Channel. I've seen this program a couple of times before. It's beginning refers to a letter that President Lincoln signed in 1863 that was sent to Pope Pius and is found in the Vatican Library today. The documentary then stated that one of Lincoln's secretaries wrote it and that there was no mention of the horrors of the Civil War in the letter. It's shown along with Lincoln's signature.

Anybody got anymore info on this?

This program then showed a 1863 letter from Jefferson Davis to Pope Pius describing, "The horrors acted on the Southern innocents". Wow! Pius responded with a letter that recognized Davis as "President of the Confederate States of America." Lincoln and the Federalists didn't need that crap!

Last edited on Thu Sep 19th, 2013 03:49 pm by Brad Watson, Miami

Posted: Fri Sep 20th, 2013 07:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
MildMan
Banned

Mana: 

I see your by-line. Welcome to the Lincoln haters forum, or so it seems.

Posted: Sun Sep 22nd, 2013 10:58 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Brad Watson, Miami
imitating Lincoln all my life

Mana: 

MildMan,

I was surprised by 'Texas Defender'! He ignored alot of very important data in the post "4 score & 7 years ago, our fathers" encoded GOD=7_4 by 'Father Abraham'. But I've encountered many on-line and in person who are blinded by their agenda. I haven't seen any "Lincoln hating" here, but I haven't been around much yet.

Getting back ON-TOPIC, have you any info about Lincoln's 1863 letter to Pope Pius in Vatican Library?

Last edited on Sun Sep 22nd, 2013 11:01 am by Brad Watson, Miami

Posted: Tue Sep 24th, 2013 04:23 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

What crap. During the war the Confederacy was effectively a separate nation with an existing government. And it was a nation that sent envoys to various nations in Europe.

Current time is 09:08 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1395 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 26 queries executed.