Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

actually 2 questions - Other Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 6th, 2007 03:43 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
richards

Mana: 

Hi Everyone,  I actually have 2 questions for you.  The first one is, I live a few miles away from Lone Jack, MO.  There was a battle there but I keep getting different stories.  I've been there a few times and looked around and went through the museum, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any credable internet sources for info on the battle.

My other question is that "Gettysburg" and "Gods and Generals" were to be the first two of a 3 movie set with "Gods and Generals" as the first one.  Does anyone have any idea when the third movie is going to be out?  I'm dying to see it.  I loved the first two.

Thanks to everyone in advance and I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Posted: Fri Apr 6th, 2007 10:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Check this out:

http://www.historiclonejack.org/shotalltopieces.pdf

The Battle of Lone Jack is said  to be one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War in Missouri.

The third part of the trilogy you refer to is "Last Full Measure." We had a discussion about this recently here because someone is making a movie with that same name, but it doesn't appear to be about the Civil War at all. Ron Maxwell is the person who made the first two parts. His web site does not show any further efforts towards making "Last Full Measure" but it does ask that we check in to see the latest news (of which there is none.)

Last edited on Fri Apr 6th, 2007 10:32 am by CleburneFan

Posted: Fri Apr 6th, 2007 12:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Widow

Mana: 

Richards, welcome to this place.  Soon you'll be visiting the board every day, just to keep up with all the fascinating questions, answers, and opinions.  And funny - buncha natural humorists in here.

Patty, "Widow"

Posted: Sun Apr 8th, 2007 12:57 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
richards

Mana: 

cool...sounds like i'm going to like it here.  I don't know a whole lot about the civil war, but i am interested in it and want to learn more and this looks like a place to do it.

Posted: Sun Apr 8th, 2007 02:27 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Richards welcome ,  We all started somewhere.  I knew only the basics four years ago when as i tell people on a trip cross country I saw a sign that said Pea Ridge.  I was hooked. 

Your library will grow and with that your knowledge.  There are many here who will educate you .  They are very willing to share.  They will point you to the right books. 

Check out some of Johan Steele's post .  He post list of books worth reading and owning   Many as he says are from his library.  Well worth reviewing . 

Look around where you are and see if there is a round table.  I have learned so much from the one I joined.  Go to reenactments and asked questions .  The people there are usually so friendly and helpful.   

Again welcome here . 

Susan

Posted: Sun Apr 8th, 2007 02:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
ole

Mana: 

Richards. Welcome.

For Lone Jack, MO, start with wikipedia and then google. You should get some information on where to look next.

Ole

Posted: Mon Apr 9th, 2007 06:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
missourianconfederate

Mana: 

Nice to Meet ya Richards. 

Hello from on Missourian to another. I'm a reenactor from Missouri in Blue Springs if your familar with Jackson County at all as for Lone Jack. It really depends which resources you go threw. I really wouldn't trust wikipedia too much but it does have some reliable information.

But my expertise is in Missouri Civil War/ Border War battles... So if you need anymore info drop me message and I'll talk to ya about it...

Plus your in Warrensburg, MO correct.. You know that one of the best feild commanders in missouri was from there? Francis Cockrell... And the Missouri Brigade.

Your obident servant,

Private Benjamin MLW (MOCONFED)

3rd Missouri Infantry,CSA

Posted: Mon Apr 9th, 2007 10:26 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
richards

Mana: 

Hi missourianconfederate, yes I am familiar with Jackson county.  I was born and raised in Lee's Summit.

Posted: Tue Aug 5th, 2008 01:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
Maranda Jane Cockrell

Mana: 

I don't know if these are accurate accounts, but they certainly are interesting to read.

Behind Enemy Lines: Battle of Lone Jack
http://www.luftex.com/lonejack.htm

More on the Massacre at Lone Jack
http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/print.cgi?melungeon::14427.html

Current time is 01:02 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3491 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 26 queries executed.