Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

D Day 63 Years Later - Other History - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jun 7th, 2007 05:41 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Basecat

Mana: 

Know I should have posted this yesterday, but that said to all who found themselves on the beaches of France in 1944, you are not forgotten.  You fought and died for our Freedom, and we all owe you a debt of gratitude for your service.

In memory of my cousin John, who was one of many who was there at Normandy 63 years ago.

Regards from the Garden State,

Steve Basic

Posted: Thu Jun 7th, 2007 05:51 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

May we never forget  Steve..   One of the places I want to visit before i cross over the river to rest under the shade of the trees  is Normandy.

Btw.  History Net  has to wonderful article on D-Day

From World War II Magazine
D-Day: U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division's Desperate Hours on Omaha Beach
As soldiers of the U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division leaped from their landing craft into the choppy waters off Omaha Beach, many cursed the landing-craft pilots who had deposited them too far away from the invasion beach.

From World War II Magazine
D-Day: Interview with Two U.S. 2nd Ranger Battalion Members Who Describe the Attack at Pointe-du-Hoc
U.S. Army General Omar Bradley described the attack on the German gun battery at Pointe-du-Hoc on D-Day as the most difficult mission he had ever given any soldiers in his command. Despite the tremendous odds against them, the U.S. Rangers managed to accomplish that mission.

Last edited on Thu Jun 7th, 2007 05:52 am by Steven Cone

Posted: Thu Jun 7th, 2007 06:50 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

"but that said to all who found themselves on the beaches of France in 1944, you are not forgotten.  You fought and died for our Freedom, and we all owe you a debt of gratitude for your service."

"May we never forget."

Amen to that.

Current time is 12:31 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1621 seconds (24% database + 76% PHP). 25 queries executed.